How can you determine your life’s purpose?
It’s very difficult to find your purpose without a degree of self-reflection.
Asking the right questions will provide the answers you seek.
When you ask yourself the following questions, it’s imperative to really listen to the answers.
The response you receive can be very subtle and quiet.
So be sure to keep an open mind.
I recommend keeping a journal for this process and be sure to record your answers.
Author and High-Performance Coach, Brendon Burchard has a new “High Performance Journal” that contains prompts on each page to support your writing journey.
The journal can be found on Amazon.ca, using the following link:
I personally own this journal and absolutely love it!
Question 1: If you only had a limited time left to live; how would you spend it?
Remember to record your answers in your journal.
The ideas or things you have come up with are worthy of additional consideration.
Ask yourself if it is possible to spend your life connected to one of these ideas?
Remember that your time is limited and being indecisive or taking too long to complete this exercise is not in your best interest. Your job here is to find and record what is important to you.
Question 2: How do you want others to remember you?
This is my favourite question. It’s not about how many tasks you completed at home or how well you delivered a presentation at work.
It’s more about how you made someone feel in your presence. How they left the conversation feeling about you and about themselves.
So, how would you want your children, friends and other family remembers to remember you?
- Make a list of how you want others to remember you
- The list can be sentences or just ‘words’.
Make a conscious decision about how you’d like others to remember you. Every interaction with those you love, work with, or even meet temporarily, should be driven by this desire.
This means you need to make this an intention and eventually it will become part of who are you.
Question 3: What DRIVES you?
One way to find your purpose is to ask yourself what pain or injustice or unhappiness you witnessed that you can’t live with?
Is there anything that touches you so deeply that it drives you? Often a powerful purpose can come from a powerful pain.
The following are some examples:
- The Environment: pollution, climate change, the state of our oceans.
- Wildlife: animals in need or going extinct, or in shelters.
- People: poverty, affordable housing, violence, abuse, gender equality, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Addictions: alcohol or substance abuse.
Discovering what drives you can have a profound affect on how you approach your relationships and the world.
- Make a list of driving factors that inspire passion, pain, or unhappiness.
Do not become overwhelmed by the world’s problems or think that there are things going on in the community or country that you cannot control.
Your purpose is about living a meaningful life that is full of decisions and opportunities that are IN your control.
Question 4: What topics or activities make you lose track of time?
Have you ever become so involved or connected with an activity or conversation that you have lost track of time?
That you were amazed by how much time had passed when you were engaged with that topic or activity?
For example, Do you lose track of time when you play a musical instrument or write / draw? Or when listening to inspiring podcasts or reading biographies?
- Make a list of times you’ve been so focused you forgot about everything else, including time.
Question 5: WHO do you want to help?
Are there groups, individuals or teams that inspire action and ignite your sense of passion or interest?
- Women who want to better themselves and start careers in the world of technology or science?
- Children who need access to better nutrition or more time learning the arts.
- Entrepreneurs who are starting a new online business and/or building products that make a difference.
- Sports teams in the community who need help with fundraising efforts.
- Church or congregations that are supporting the community through people programs and education.
By identifying WHO is important to you and why, you will begin to uncover where and how you can begin to add more meaning to your life.
Do you ever wonder why some people have more…?
- A lust for life
And are motivated to bring their higher self to everything they do…Consistently?
Is it because they are rich, lucky, or born that way?
It is because they found their Purpose.
As a result, they are:
- Living the life, they want to live.
- Managing only what is in their power to control.
- Becoming an influential person on a personal and professional level.
- Have a strong sense of determination and possibility.
- Growing everyday to meet their maximum potential.
The benefits of how knowing your purpose can touch every aspect of who you are.
- Enhanced focus and clarity
- Live a more meaningful and fun life
- Boost your passion for life
- Become part of something bigger than yourself
If you’d like to learn more, on how you can live a happier, peaceful, and more purposeful life…
Discover Your WHY- A Life of Purpose eBook Bundle
Is available @ www.victorypivot.com for 50% OFF!
With this eBundle you will learn
- Exactly how to discover your purpose in life.
- Strategies to support your journey.
- How to determine what drives you.
- And so much more!
The eBundle includes:
• A step-by-step guide
• Tips, Recommendations
• Case studies
• Resource links
• A Knowledge Quiz
• Take Action Worksheet
• Bonus Resource links
For a LIMITED TIME!!!
You get all this for ONLY $9.99!!! (50% OFF)
*Act Now! to receive your INSTANT downloadable eBundle !
Our VictoryPivot team is dedicated to providing quality content that will enhance your online knowledge and skillsets and improve your mindset to become a better version of you!
Make sure to also join us on Facebook & Instagram community: @VictoryPivot to get your daily dose of positivity!
PS- Once you subscribe to www.victorypivot.com every Friday, VictoryPivot will provide FREE resources such as:
- Life Hacks
These tools will help you grow, reach higher heights so you can become the best version of you!
PSS- If you’re looking for more personal 1 on 1 attention or coaching…
Send us a message via our contact form @: https://victorypivot.com/contact-us/
We can discuss a customized coaching program that’s right for you! 😊
I sincerely wish you the best on your journey to enhance your life!
George Andreas, Founder