In order to survive and grow, your business needs customers and, repeat business.
But, in order to get customers, you need to find ways to attract them to your site.
Remember the days of creating and distributing flyers, advertising in the phone book and your local public bulletin boards?
All cheap marketing tools and in some cases effective at driving traffic.
But, in today’s digital world, the possibilities are endless and can be expensive…not to mention OVERWHELMING!
For people and businesses, the word marketing can be perceived as pricey strategies and extreme expenditures.
However, advertising online doesn’t have to be expensive!
You can even track the cost-effectiveness of each advertisement you invest in.
Once you have figured out which advertisement methods are most cost effective and impactful…
Then you focus your marketing strategies on the techniques that are most profitable.
The best part is that there are marketing methods for online advertising that cost ZERO cash to implement.
In this article we examine 5 online marketing strategies that are FREE!
So, if you are struggling to figure out the best ways to promote your online business you are not alone!
The good news is that you are in the right place.
Let’s get started!
Here are some FREE online marketing approaches that may benefit your business:
- PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Get familiar with various free social sites like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Tik Tok, LinkedIn &Twitter.
There are millions of potential customers visiting these platforms daily. So, it completely makes sense to start here and maximize your brand by expanding your social presence.
It’s in your best interest to develop a social media strategy as most of your ‘views’ will be generated from these platforms.
Focus on the following information that will attract and generate a buzz:
- Show off your personality: Share funny, interesting, or inspirational images or videos that represent your business.
- Post lots of content: insights, valuable information like blogs or quick informative posts and visuals.
- Personalize your messaging: Is there a limited sale on your product or service? Are there coupon codes or limited-time membership offers? Make sure you give your followers discounts and valuable offers often!
- Connect and Contribute on LinkedIn: Join group discussions and forums – CONNECT WITH POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS!
- Upload Videos to YouTube: Putting together a quick overview video of your business and posting to YouTube gives you a nice sales tool that you can also add to your own website.
- Run a survey, poll, or contest.
- Reddit or Quora are online forum sites that have become very popular! These forums are a great way to get ideas of products or services that you can sell on your site.
- In a matter of time, you will understand which social platforms have the most reach and benefit to attracting customers and which have minimal effect.
- The goal with using social platforms is to extend your reach with potential customers, which results in more sales.
For additional information on using social media to increase online sales consider the book “Likes Don’t Pay Bills: 5 Social Media Marketing Myths by Alen Owen:
- AFFILIATE MARKETING
Affiliate marketing is a popular approach to drive sales and generate significant online revenue.
Extremely beneficial to both brands and affiliate marketers, the new push towards less traditional marketing methods has paid off.
Today, affiliate marketing is implemented across a wide range of social media.
Youtubers often include affiliate links in video descriptions to highlight the products they mention or the clothes they’re wearing.
And Bloggers often place affiliate links within product reviews posted on their blog.
The use of affiliate marketing strategies has become extremely popular and important because the online shopping experience is grown on a massive scale!
The content creators and influencers look for the best ways to generate revenue across digital and social media.
According to Hosting Tribunal,
The Most Interesting Affiliate Marketing Statistics for 2021:
- Affiliate marketing spending is bound to grow by 10% in the next few years.
- Worth $12 billion, the AM sector is growing rapidly.
- AM accounts for 15% of all digital media revenue.
- Well-crafted affiliate marketing programs can boost revenue by a staggering 30%.
- That boost amounts to 15%-30% of all sales being generated by AM.
- Together with email marketing, AM is one of the largest sources of online income, accounting for over 16% of all ecommerce orders in the USA and Canada.
We recommend the following resource on Affiliate Marketing by Kevin Ulaner called “Affiliate Marketing: The Beginner’s Step by Step Guide to Making Money Online.”
Because affiliate marketing operates by increasing the tasks of product marketing and creation across groups, it leverages the talents of a mix of people for a better marketing strategy while offering contributors with a share of the profit.
- BUILD AN EMAIL LIST
According to WP Beginner, building an e-mail list is important because:
- According to the Direct Marketing Association, email marketing on average sees a 4300 percent return on investment (ROI) for businesses in the USA.
- Because email subscribers joined your email list from your website and verified their identity by clicking on a link. they are extremely interested in what you have to offer.
- This is why they are more likely to convert into paying customers.
- On average, email list gets 10 times higher conversions than social media campaigns.
This is why building an E-Mail list is…
POWERFUL AND PURPOSEFUL!
It allows you to land in a prospect or customers’ inbox and lets you provide updates, sales information, completing forms to access additional content, and any new information about your product or service.
An E-mail list is…
Targeted, Personal and You Own the List!
People read e-mail in the privacy of their own space and they can ask questions directly to you, which helps build trust and connection.
If people are visiting your website, it means they are interested in what you have to offer.
- Offer a form to join your email list so they can be kept in the loop of any special offers or future services.
- Once they’ve signed up – keep them captivated and interested with updated content and deals!
E-Mail Marketing is FREE and is one of the best ways to drive sales!
Treat your list members – the AWESOME people they are, because they have the power to recommend your business to others in their network!
- PARTNER WITH EXPERTS IN YOUR FIELD
Engaging with social influencers by joining forces with another brand is another FREE, but effective online business marketing technique.
This means you can offer even MORE CONTENT to your audience than could be offered by yourself.
Also, partnering on marketing campaigns can build relationships and lead to long term benefits.
Your goal is to advertise your brand to as many people as possible and with a partner, you can get the attention of more people and audiences you never thought of.
As a result of getting more attention and interest in your brand with this method you can also CONTINUE TO BUILD YOUR EMAIL LIST with new contacts.
For more information,
Here is an Inc.com article by Lou Dubois called “Why Social Influence Matters to Business:
- USE FREE ONLINE TOOLS
As a business owner you know that keeping an online presence is hard work!
But, extremely important to your success.
Keeping your website, blogs, videos, pictures, and video posts up to date on various social platforms, while keeping stats on customer activity can be time-consuming.
Not to mention keeping track of posting and marketing campaigns ideas to ensure you are able to advertise fresh and exciting content.
DOING ALL THIS MANUALLY CAN BE PAINFUL!
It takes time, energy and can be an overwhelming process.
Instead, using content marketing software can relieve the pressure and IT’S FREE!
Marketing software can help…
- Combine all marketing related tasks into ONE system.
- It can also help generate brand awareness.
- Capture lead generation and revenue from content.
Buffer.com provides a list of FREE Marketing software tools for your business:
To summarize, we believe it’s possible to have effective online marketing spending any money!
Be thoughtful and strategic with the above methods and over time you will see the benefits to your online business!
For additional resources related to making money for your online business we recommend:
Our VictoryPivot team is dedicated to providing quality content that will enhance your online knowledge and skillsets and improve your mindset to become a better version of you!
Make sure to also join us on Facebook & Instagram community: @VictoryPivot to get your daily dose of positivity!
PS- Once you subscribe to www.victorypivot.com every Friday, VictoryPivot will provide FREE resources such as:
- Life Hacks
These tools will help you grow, reach higher heights so you can become the best version of you!
PSS- If you’re looking for more personal 1 on 1 attention or coaching…
Send us a message via our contact form @: https://victorypivot.com/contact-us/
We can discuss a customized coaching program that’s right for you! 😊
I sincerely wish you the best on your journey to enhance your life!
George Andreas, Founder